Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year, Better Heather

Happy New Year ya'll! I haven't been around these parts since the first week of November, and to be honest I've needed this sporadic blogging that's been happening for the past half year. It was just too chaotic trying to plan a wedding, not getting fired (because I had a major case of wedding brain), packing up my room at my parent's, and settling into my new home and the first few months of married life (which I might add has been wonderful). But now that I'm finally settling into a new routine with my life, I feel the urge to blog again. I also have some serious back-posting to do. I've not shared a lot of things that happened during July-December of 2013 and I want it on here to look back on. So if looking at a post that is around 3 to 6 months late annoys you, I'm sorry (not really, it's my blog and I'll do what I want).

Last year around this time, I didn't write a resolutions post but I did post some of the things I wanted to accomplish in 2013. Did I accomplish a lot of these goals? No, not really. Did that discourage me from compiling a list of 2014 resolutions? Absolutely not.

{via}

In 2014 I want to...

1. Study the Bible on a regular basis. I know, I know this on my list every year but it's something I need to strive to do. I'm always letting my Bible study time slip by the wayside because of some excuse. I'm too busy, I'm too tired, I don't feel like I have enough time. I need to push those excuses to the wayside. 

2. Complete my first half-marathon and run the entire time. Stay dedicated to working out. We're talking about the girl who can barely run a 5K without passing out. I'm going to have to be dedicated to my gym time and training schedule...and watching what I eat. I can workout til the cows come home, but eating well? Bahaha. I can't out train my horrible diet so my eating habits are going to change too, not only what I eat but how much I eat. Sadly, I'm the heaviest I've ever been and my "fat" pants are now becoming my "tight" pants. Darn you newlywed happy weight!! I've also registered for three races already this year, a 5K, 15K, and the half marathon. I'm one of those people who has to have a goal, if not, I lose motivation.

3. Memorize one Bible verse a week. That's 52 verses in a year and it's totally doable. I need to get rid of the "I'll never be able to memorize anything" mindset. You'll never accomplish anything by being negative!

4. Stay on top of my household chores. I'm notorious for being lazy during the week. I'll wait to the absolute last minute to unload the dishwasher, doing/putting away laundry, and picking up around the house. I'm going to try to do some small thing each night instead of bombarding myself with 5,000 things to do on Saturday's.

I also have a "word" for how I want to live in 2014, but that's a post for tomorrow :).

What are your resolutions for 2014?

3 comments:

Julie said...

I am going to try harder to be dedicated to gym time as well. Trying new workouts is a must to do that. Good luck and can't wait to see more posts :)

Jordan said...

I think those are totally doable goals! Maybe we should post every so often so that we can see how well we are or aren't accomplishing our resolutions! ;) Happy New Year!!

AJ said...

May 2014 fulfill all your wishes ! Happy New Year!