Friday, January 3, 2014

Book Club Friday

 

Today for Book Club Friday I'm sharing a book that has me hooked from page one! I can't wait to finish the series!

 {via}

Description via Goodreads: "What was once the western United States is now home to the Republic, a nation perpetually at war with its neighbors. Born into an elite family in one of the Republic's wealthiest districts, fifteen-year-old June is a prodigy being groomed for success in the Republic's highest military circles. Born into the slums, fifteen-year-old Day is the country's most wanted criminal. But his motives may not be as malicious as they seem. From very different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths - until the day June's brother, Metias, is murdered and Day becomes the prime suspect. Caught in the ultimate game of cat and mouse, Day is in a race for his family's survival, while June seeks to avenge Metias's death. But in a shocking turn of events, the two uncover the truth of what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths their country will go to keep its secrets" 

Like I said before this book had me hooked, line and sinker from the get go. It has a very Hunger Games and Divergent feel to it, but different...a good different! If you liked either of those two series I would wholeheartedly recommend you read this book. There is two more books to the series I've yet to read it, but I can't wait to get my hands on them. Read this book! It was great!

8 comments:

Jenn @ A Country Girl's World said...

I have heard very good things about this series! Once I get through the billions of books I have to read, I definitely want to give it a try!

Julie said...

Haven't heard of this, may need to check it out!

Heather said...

Don't shoot me but...I didn't read the Hunger Games or Divergent. And I don't think I will. Legend sounds great, though! I am adding it to my list.

Jordan said...

This book is next on my list! I'm almost finished with the Matched series; FYI I wouldn't recommend it!

Shoshanah said...

I've heard such great things about this book! And knowing I was a big fan of Divergent and The Hunger Games I'm sure I'll love this one too!

Maggie Prater said...

I read Legend, too, but so long ago that I need to re-read it before I finish the series. I had kind of forgotten about it. Thanks for the reminder!

Lauren {Adventures in Flip Flops} said...

Aaaand, I'm adding this to my "to-read" list. Sounds a bit like a cross between Divergent and The Handmaid's Tale. Sort of.

Mrs. Pedersen said...

Sounds like a book I would love!! (: