Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Honeymoon - Day 2: Epcot

At the beginning of the year I bought The 2013 Walt Disney World Unofficial Guide and it had a plethora of information on what to see and what to do while at Disney. It also had what days to visit each park and it suggested that on the first day you visit Epcot. So visit Epcot we did.

The morning started off by being lied to by our bus driver. The shuttle was suppose to go to Magic Kingdom and Epcot, but the driver said that he was only going to Magic Kingdom and that another bus would be right behind him to go to Epcot. Well, that didn't happen and we had to wait an hour for another shuttle. I about had a moment, but decided it was our honeymoon and there was no reason to get in a tizzy about it.


We started out the day in Future World - we first went to the Test Track, but as we got towards the front of the line it broke down (which we found out later, it breaks down a lot during the day).

This was the first vehicle we made on the Test Track. After we were ushered out of the queue (and handed fast passes to ride at any point throughout the day, SCORE!), we rode the Universe of Energy and then walked over to Soarin' to pick up fast passes for later. We then rode The Seas with Nemo and Friends and then decided to eat lunch (holy cow...Disney food is expensive) and walked around World Showcase.


Our favorite part of World Showcase? The boat rides! Call us cheesy but we found them hysterical, every time we found another one we'd look at each other and ask, "wanna go for a little boat ride?" I'm pretty sure we road every type of slow boat ride at Disney! We also had some pretty delicious gelato in Italy - we wish we would've just snacked through World Showcase instead of eating a meal in Mexico.


After going through World Showcase we stopped at the Test Track to see if it had opened back up - luckily for us it had so we rode it (and made another vehicle, but this time slightly more tacky). We also thought it was going to break down on us again - it had real issues up until we got on it.


We then made our way over to Soarin, where I had to psych Nathan up to ride it. He's not a real big ride person, so he got really nervous before we got on it. He ended up loving it (like I knew he would). We ended our rides with Spaceship Earth where I got this gem of a picture.


I die. Only Nathan.

We ended the day with a stop at the gift shop to buy myself an ornament and a coffee mug. Then we found the Starbucks, so we got a drink and waited on the Shuttle back to the condo.


I liked Epcot, but it definitely wasn't my favorite park. I really liked the laid back feel of Epcot though, I didn't feel rushed! As for rides, definitely ride the Test Track & Soarin' - they were the best at Epcot!

The next day we went to Animal Kingdom, where I seriously thought Nathan might divorce me after I made him get on a certain ride.

3 comments:

Julie said...

I hadn't been to Epcot until our honeymoon and I enjoyed it. Its Keith's favorite park.

I'm guessing you didn't do a Disney dining plan? We didn't either and usually only ate breakfast and dinner, buying the mugs to refill all over the parks, and figured out that the price of one of the dining plans is what we spent total for both.

Can't wait to see what you say about Animal Kingdom, we actually got it all done in a half day due to the Magic Hours and fast passes.

Jordan said...

Epcot is definitely my least favorite. But I love the test track! My dad works at GM so we always get to go to the front of the line! ;)

Lindsey Let the Light Shine Blog said...

I'm glad you got an ornament! Random, I know - but I buy ornaments on every vacation/field trip/excursion to remember them by and loooove putting them on the tree and remembering where/when we got them:)