Monday, November 4, 2013

Honeymoon - Day 1: And we drove...

I have finally gotten the time to recap our honeymoon, you know - about 3 weeks later than I would've liked. We brainstormed ideas about where we wanted to take our honeymoon long before we were even engaged. We first marked off anything with a beach since Nathan isn't a fan, so we came up with two options Vegas or Disney. When I went to Vegas on the two-week road trip with my grandparents I quickly marked Vegas off the list, I just didn't find it somewhere where I'd like to take our honeymoon. So Disney it was.

Luckily my grandparents have timeshares in the actual Disney property, so we got lucky and didn't have to worry about getting a room - they handled that for us. No figuring out what Disney resort we wanted to stay at for this girl!

The night of our wedding we spent the night at our house. It was just simpler than driving a few hours and staying at a hotel. Unluckily for us, we slept later than we wanted (we were exhausted, and I had a mini-meltdown when I picked up my clothes at my parent's house), so we got on the road about 7:30 AM - which meant we had a long day of driving ahead of us.

First off, Atlanta (which has TOO many lanes of traffic). We decided to be brazen and go right through the city instead of taking the bypass. We did hit some traffic but it was still quicker than the bypass.


Once we got through Atlanta it was the part of the trip I most dreaded, southern Georgia. It is boring...and flat...and full of dirty truck stops. Get me through there quick! Northern Florida isn't much better and considering I didn't read during most of this trip, the ride felt like it took forever.

But then I saw this...
 and that made everything better!

Who can't be happy at Disney?! It's the happiest place on the planet!

Even after a long day of driving we had to drag all our luggage to our room and do the dreaded grocery shopping trip for the week. Plus Nathan was about to have a "Snicker's moment" and we needed to get some food in him stat. After that, we crawled into bed and got ready for a week at Disney!

First off, Epcot.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Driving is the worst part. So cool that you went to Disney World! I haven't been since fifth grade and really want to go back!

Julie said...

Yay can't wait to read about the rest of the trip? Where on the property is the time share?

Meghan said...

Ahh! I cannot wait to read more. I LOVE Disney and I cannot wait to return someday - hopefully soon! And I am with you - for our honeymoon, we ruled out beaches, too, so we went to San Fran, Napa Valley and Vegas!

Jordan said...

Finally! I've been waiting for your recap posts so I can go on a mental vacation! And the Disney sign ... one of my favorite things to see EVER! :)